August 18, 2023
Hewitt Group is looking to hire an Investment Analyst.
The Investment Analyst will be responsible in collaborating with team-members in the execution of all tasks related to the management of the investments with money manager (including private and public equities, fixed income, and hedge funds and direct holdings. The Investment Analyst will be responsible to set up and maintain proper reporting in terms of risk and performance as well as analyzing current and prospective investments.
- Prepare monthly performance reporting, calculate returns, and ensure data integrity
- Maintain KPIs on direct investments
- Assist team in conducting due diligence and analysis on money managers and direct investments
- Screen and review potential transactions to analyze proper fit with Hewitt Group criteria.
- Build financial models, monitor risk, performance, and exposures. Build projections for direct investments
- Monitor foreign currency exposure and gather market intelligence.
- Analyze industries, key competitors, element affecting profitability and market drivers of direct investments
- Monitor portfolio investments opportunities, threats, and any other relevant developments.
- Follow markets and macro economic events that could potentially affect portfolio performance
- Assist in the portfolio re-balancing decisions
- Analyze new real estate investments opportunities and maintain proper benchmarks
- Work with third party consultants. Maintain proper relationship with custodians, banks, and other partners
- Ensure proper execution of capital calls
- Assist in redaction of Investment recommendations to the Advisory Board
- Assist accounting in transaction booking and tax review
- Execute various tasks assigned by a member of the senior leadership team
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or commerce; a Master’s Degree in Business or Finance will be an asset
- CFA or CPA designation will be an asset
- 3+ years of experience in Finance; experience in portfolio management or mergers and acquisitions will be an asset
- Fluent in French, and strong bilingual communications skills, both written and spoken
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office especially Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of Bloomberg will be an asset
- Strong work ethic, developed analytical skills, energetic and team player who works well in a smaller team setting, with a desire for continuous development
- Adheres to the Values of the Hewitt Group of Respect, Integrity and Commitment
Candidates are asked to please submit their CV to [email protected]
All enquiries and nominations will be kept in strict confidence. Only candidates who have been selected will be contacted.